Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 21:07:01 PST
>I have an "inverse" question regarding Green Tea -- I'm wondering if anyone
>on the list has used Green Tea to *successfully* get off coffee (thus
>easing
>or eliminating those awful headaches).

Somebody mentioned earlier the bitter taste, the 'kick' of coffee in the
morning....I found this to be very accurate.
Trying to wean yourself off from coffee with tea might work if the 'caffeine
wire' is your main problem. Some side effects in the first days, but those
eventually pass. If you like the sheer taste of a hot, strong mug in the
mornings...that is more tough.
It's the same thing with smoking (I know: I do both :( )
Nicotine addiction is strong but goes away in the first weeks....the
psychological HABIT never goes.
I used to drink 10-20 cups of coffee/day. I quit cold turkey and experienced
mild symptoms but nothing to get worked up about. I went back and now drink
about 3-5 cups/day. I'm not sorry: I think it's a small 'sin' compared to my
old SAD diet. I just missed it!

That's why I think trying to wean off a substance by replacing it with
another works only if you understand exactly why are you 'addicted' in the
first place.

Lilith