Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 17:06:30 -0400
I'm a newbie (36 years old with 30 pounds to lose) who has experienced some menstrual spotting since starting this way of eating.  I had a very complete physical just before starting , so I know that there isn't a medical problem.  I am in ketosis -- my diet consists of meat, fish, chicken, vegetables, few eggs, olive oil, very few seeds, and no fruit for now until I lose some weight. (Everyone in my family  -- both parents and my brother -- have diabetes, so I am trying to avoid that fate.  I find that I cannot just eat a few pieces of fruit or any sugars for that matter. Rather, I tend to gorge on anything with sugar.  So for now, no fruit.) Is it possible that burning fat has an effect on hormones ie stored, excess estrogen being released???  Any thoughts would be most appreciated.