From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:37:57 -0400
From: Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>

> I think most of the dangers and toxins so many people speak so much about
> *are* possible to escape from. Just don't go into every modern trend.

Hi, Amadeus.  Thanks for your ideas re. how to avoid toxins.  I have been
working on being "clean and green" in my home for years and did not mean to
imply that I, personally, was still living in a contaminated environment.

One of the best steps I've taken has been to spend 8 mos. each year in
Southern New Mexico, where the air pollution is very low.  I also use
special soaps, only wear clothes that I can wash in special soap, no poisons
in my house or on my dog, did a remodel last year with Safe Coat paints,
etc.  "The Safe Shoppers Bible" was a helpful book.

I spend summers in Michigan, where the old farmers' market has one organic
booth... I went there yesterday and loaded up on fresh, organic veg.  I
"sinned" and bought an ear of organic corn...I'm trying to gain weight.
Wouldn't you know it?  I got read to cook the corn and pealed the husk back
only to look a big, live worm in the face.  Well, not maybe his face
exactly.  Ha!  I got what I deserved for trying to eat corn.  Now, if I were
really paleo I would have thought, "Oh, good!  Protein!".  Instead I broke
the corn cob in 1/2, gave the worm his half and ate mine.  O.K., I'm a
coward... I'm not quite ready to eat worms and grubs.

Kath