From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 14:38:25 -0700
> >I suspect
> >that some folks will actually do better ehwn they
> >"cycle" these two modes of dieting.
>
> I've tried this a bit -- still lots of meat but less
> beef (which is more
> fatty) and a little more squash, carrots, or
> eggplant instead. It's good
> for a change.

A couple of years ago I read a series of articles in
Muscle Media (Bill Phillip's mag) on this "cycling"
concept. The Swedish researcher involved (I have no
clues about his credentials) had some impressive
results in some of his trials. His theory, which
relates back to the "setpoint" theory, is that we
adjust to a given diet in about 14 days. After that,
fat loss slows down until the diet once again changes.
He basically promoted a low calorie, low carb approach
for 2 weeks (increased aerobics), followed by a higher
calorie, higher carb 2 week period (heavy weights). I
found the ideas interesting, but never gave it a try.

http://invites.yahoo.com/