From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 06:32:23 -1000
David:
>        Nor can they do anything about attaining true health through a pill,
>powder, or potion. Evil, evil, evil I tell you.

Evil, evil, evil?

>Seriously, drugs are for
>crisis care NOT health care. A crisis being when the body has reached it's
>material limits not because it is displaying a sign that it is struggling
>to maintain homeostasis.

I think most medical people would agree with the above--what is so evil,
evil, evil about it?

>        Simply calling it a disease means there is the possibility of
>"treating"
>it. Profitability will be the deciding factor not some great humanitarian
>effort.

Plenty of diseases have no treatment. But anyway, why shouldn't treatments
be sought? What's wrong with profit anyway? And why not some humanitarian
effort?

>        Conspiracies never work in the long run and besides when you are in
>something for profit alliances usually cut into the bottom line.

So, you are well-studied on the matter. ;)

>        Then you surely realize that animals become diseased as does man the
>further he introduces his limited educated mind into the food source
>through technology.

Wild animals succomb to disease as well. You may be quilty of romanticising
"nature" just as you demonize human endeavor.

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft