From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:27:47 MDT
Valerie wrote:

>So, I've been Paleo (modified) for 2 1/2 days now.  Dori Zook told me to
>stop planning and worrying and just do it.  So I did.  Thank you, Dori!!

And thank you for your thank you, which makes my day!

>Ketosis is not the goal of
>this change for me.

If this is because you think it's bad for you, it's not.  I'm going to
repost a study on the Atkins diet.  Critics get their shorts in a knot over
the "dangers" of ketosis even though there are no reported cases of what
they predict.  This study proved what low-carb dieters have known for years;
ketosis is NOT bad for you.  Not dietary ketosis, that is.  The ketosis seen
in a low-carb dieter is not the same thing seen in type 1 diabetics.  Many
people (myself included) feel better in ketosis; higher energy, no cravings,
etc.

I'll leave additional advice to others; it will soon be pouring in.  You go,
Girlfriend!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO