From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 16:18:58 MDT

So I'm off to the rec center to renew my membership and start exercising
again.  This will include some weight lifting.  The last time I did this, my
first two workout were too close together and man, did I hurt!  How long
should I wait between workouts to avoid excruciating pain?

My plan so far is to do both weight lifting and aerobics.  Someone here told
me privately that swimming isn't the best option since the water cools you
and keeps you from sweating as much as you would, say, on the stairmaster.
Is this true?  Even if it is, I'll still do some swimming because it's one
of the few aerobic exerises I enjoy.  FYI, I use flippers and hand paddles
to create resistance.  This actually did MORE for my upper arms than the
weight room, believe it or not.

As for food, the plan is to eat 75g protein and 1200-1400 cal/day.  No need
to count carbs because a) I only eat low-carb vegetables anyway and b) if I
keep my overall caloric consumption low, I can probably eat 50-60 grams a
day and still maintain ketosis, especially if I get a fair amount of
exercise.  If anyone can recommend good dietary supplements for optimal fat
loss, I'm open to suggestions here, too.

In short, I'm trying to finish what I started and lose another 30-40 pounds
of body fat.  Ideally, I'd like to lose about 25 pounds on time for my
upcoming European vacation, which is four months away.  I figure about 6
pounds a month is realistic.  If I'm succesful, I'll certainly let you know!

Dori Zook
Denver, CO