From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 09:02:36 -0600
>If they find a chemical that inhibits the actions of this protein,
>they will end in total diabetes. And deaths from hyperglycemie.
>The carbohydrate is already in excess.
>So, what would these mad people suggest should happen to the excess carb?
>They should be glad that this last carb-lowering path exists.

Hellloooooo, earth calling Amadeus!  You can avoid all of the above by
avoiding excess carbohdyrates.  Type II diabetes, hyperglycemia and
hypoglycemia can almost universally be treated through dietary changes alone
but you'll rarely meet a doctor in this country who knows or will admit
this; they've been bought out by major drug companies.

So has our culture.  Change your diet?  Naaaaah, just take a dozen pills and
you'll be fine.  Even you said it: "the carbohydrate is already in excess."
People are getting type II diabetes due to excess carbohydrates.  You seem
to think it's just fine to eat all the carbs in the world and if you get
diabetes, no problem, just take a pill.

Hey, if you're not genetically predisposed to this disease and you can eat a
ton of carbs and live to tell about it, fine, go for it.  But most people
ARE to one degree or another; the ability to store fat is what got us over
the hump in times of slim pickin's but it's not helping us now.  Taking a
pill instead of avoiding problem foods to begin with; sweet Jesus!

If you're just yanking our collective chain I'll take the above back but I
don't think that's the case.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO