From:
Kent Multer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:17:18 -0500
>>This seems too narrow of definition of what should be talked about
>>on this list.  How do we get this definition changed?

I agree, somewhat.  Topics like health care, fitness, and religion all have
some connection to the paleo diet.  We have to be careful not to let
conversations run too far from the original theme; but occasional brief
forays into these topics should be okay.  I hope that was what you meant,
David:  guidelines, but not an absolute prohibition?

There are probably some vegetarian activists out there who like to drop
inflammatory messages in our list from time to time.  They, of course, will
ignore the guidelines.  In my experience, the best way to deal with these
people is just to ignore them.  ANY response, from ironclad rebuttal to
friendly conciliation, just encourages them.

Ultimately, David is the list owner; he gets to make the rules, which is
fair because he also takes the heat when there is a problem.  Maybe someone
should start a separate "Diet Debate" list, where the carnivores and
herbivores can slug it out in private :^) .