Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 17:11:34 -0400
Laurie-Ann Curry  posted this:
>> If a diabetic goes into deep ketosis he is in danger of dying but the only
time I lose weight is when I put my body into deep ketosis.  I feel better
when I am in ketosis, more energy and far less joint dysfunction.  The
Atkins diet was my first introduction to this.  My colleague is the same
way.  Any thoughts?

My reply:
Benign dietary ketosis IS NOT the same as diabetic ketoacidosis.  The two
are very different conditions.  Atkins talks about this in his books.  You
should be able to find out more on line.  I don't have all the fine points
to bring out here.  Todd Moody may have it at his finger tips!

Rachel