From:
Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 05:58:28 -0700
Fredrik wrote:

>Here's a quote:
>A correct amount of protein to be consumed in a day is approx. 1 g per 1
>kilogram of an ideal bodyweight. Thus, a 60 kg person needs to consume 60 ±
>6 g of protein to satisfy body's daily needs. Any excess of protein, above
>the daily requirement, is converted by the body to fat, provided that
>energy requirements are met by other components.>

The article went on to detail how much fat and carbs should be eaten.  If a
person were to eat 60 g. of protein a day, how do you get 150 + g. of fat
eaten.  (The recommendation was 2.5-3 x protein intake).  If I ate 3 eggs
and 2 3 oz servings of meat per day which roughly equals 60 g of protein
that is only about 50-70 g. of fat.  If I throw in some nuts as a snack that
would add some fat but also would add protein not needed.  I want to keep my
carbs low 30 g. or less and I could eat avocado which would give me about 30
more g of fat and a couple of salads with olive oil, but I still would not
come close to 150 g of fat.  Any suggestions?

Kim

Watch high-quality video with fast playback at MSN Video. Free!