From:
Jean Risman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:12:48 -0400
> A famous heart surgeon, a dr of medicine, a professional, recently told
one
> of my friends, at a birthday party that she needs protein and should eat
> egg whites and that she should discard egg yolks because of cholesterol.
He
> wasn't drunk. > She don't know anything about biochemistry so
> I had to calm her down.

Most doctors receive no training in research. They do not know how to
evaluate research claims. They just mimic what they are told. It's kind of
terrifying when you think what trust people put in doctors. They don't study
nutrition and so much of what they know about treating diseases they learn
from their pharmeceutical reps or on the evening news. If they read medical
journals I would bet that what they read is the conclusions drawn from
studies and take it as the gospel rather than some limited tentative
hypothesis.

Jean