From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:54:07 -0800

Paula

I'm at an age (23) where people the same age as me are generally
healthy, so getting the health benefits of paleo across is very
difficult. Maybe in 20, 30, 40 years time it will be different, but
by then people are resigned to being ill as part of growing old.
Have you ever had anyone with aches and pains ask your advice or
start to mimick the way you eat, to see if it would help them?

Ashley

  I can answer this one, at least from my own experience.  In a word, NO.  I am 43 and eat mostly healthy and use natural skincare and household-cleaning products, and all my friends (and some enemies, lol) comment upon how I am not overweight, wrinkly or sick all the time, but after asking me what I do, they just nod and say, "Yes, that makes sense", and then go order diet patches, use bleach to "kill germs", and take antibiotics, sigh.  You are very right that you are at an age where no one cares...they will "live forever".  And you are also right about the fact that when they get to be my age, they just believe all the crap about "old age", which I DO NOT.  (I AM NOT OLD, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, LOL.)  I think most of my friends respect me and believe me about what I do, but since it's not an "easy fix", they just keep on looking for one, sigh.  Little do they know how easy it actually IS, if they'd just TRY IT.  I mean, losing 20 pounds in two weeks is pretty much a "quick fix", if
 you ask ME, which was not my goal at the time, just a perk.

  And while I'm here, I'd like to ask for everyone's opinion on iodide in salt.  I have done zip-zero research on this, but have been wondering about it for a while.  I use sea salt, of course, but I have recently found that you can buy it with or without iodide.  I've always bought it without, not knowing that there were products that did indeed contain it (the sea salt, I mean).  As we all know, the cartons of salt always say "Does" or "Does Not" contain idiodide, "a necessary nutrient", which doesn't convince me at all, but I'd like comments from the group, if ya'all don't mind.  Just as the "calcium" in Tums is not a bio-available form of calcium, is the iodide in salt good or bad or indifferent???

  Love,
  Bren