From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2005 10:26:17 -0500
Hello all.  Kind of quiet on this list of late.

I'd like to ask your help with a friendly argument I am having with a gentleman on another list.  He's the science editor of a bodybuilding magazine and so demands a peer reviewed study for every word in every sentence I write.  Here are the two assertions I have made that he disagrees with strongly and wants scientific proof for (both ideas come from Ron Rosedale):

1) When the amount of carbohydrates consumed decrease, the body becomes increasingly efficient at gluconeogenesis; and

2) One needs no more than 60-100 grams of protein per day, depending of course upon lean body mass and activity level

I have a copy of The Rosedale Diet, of course, and see some references in the back.  But I don't have the time to look through them right now.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.