From:
Jim Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 18:55:59 +0930
Hi Susan,

"Susan Wolf Sternberg [log in to unmask] XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" wrote:

> Do you have sources for this information or scientific studies you can point
> me to?  If this is indeed true, that is reason enough for me to refrain from
> milk products.  Having almost died from metastasized kidney cancer in 1991, I
> have NO desire to revisit cancer ever again.

I'm not Kath, (well I wasn't last time I looked) but here are a few web
pages that might be worth reading.

http://vvv.com/healthnews/milk.html
http://www.pcrm.org/health/Info_on_Veg_Diets/dairy.html
http://www.vegansociety.com/briefings/milkbreastcancer.htm
http://chetday.com/prostatecancermilk.htm

The following site...
http://www.cowindia.org/milk.htm

... is pro milk.

Despite the following text, the article has no references to such
alleged "Clinical Studies".

Interestingly, I found this pattern among web sites. Pages warning of
problems with milk consumption invariably had references, pages touting
the benefits of milk consumption had none... just assertions!

-------------------------------------
   1.Milk is the richest natural source of Conjugated Linoleic Acid
(CLA).
   2.CLA has:

                  i.anti carcinogenic and
                  ii.antidiabetic and
                  iii.anti-atherosclerosis properties.

   1.Clinical studies have demonstrated above scientific facts.

HTH
Jim.