From:
Jean Risman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:40:39 -0400
Evelyn - I'll just tell you my experience. It has been brief, just a few
months and I don't know whether it will help you, but for what it is worth.
In January I went on a gluten free dairy free diet. I felt better on it,
less IBS, but not great. Then somehow or other I came on this paleo diet and
figured it couldn't hurt to try it out. It has gotten rid of my IBS almost
completely and my reflux is much less severe. That only happened when I got
rid of all grains, not just the ones with gluten in them. I also have sadly
cut out fruits because I was still having trouble with binging at night and
it was the fruits I would gravitate towards. A couple of weeks ago my life
got majorly stressful and I slipped, allowed myself to go to the corner
store where they make great sandwiches and of course would pick up a soda to
go with it. After a few days of this my gut reacted violently to this return
to old ways. It was quite astounding. I got myself back on track and  do not
have any intestinal problems. Quite amazing. I had been cheating by allowing
myself one cup of coffee with half and half in the morning but I have
stopped even that, although it does make me a little sad. I might just have
to put away the coffee grinder and the French press. All and all I am liking
the freedom of eating meat with impunity, as many eggs as I want (cage free
of course) and olive oil without guilt. I am really not finding myself
missing much of what I have eliminated. Tonight I made myself 2 hamburgers
(grass-fed beef ) and thought how nice it was to just be able to eat them
and feel like it was ok. They tasted might good.

Jean