From:
Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 22:57:00 GMT
On Sun, 2 May 1999 15:17:55 -0500, PAUL TOWNLEY-SMITH
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have mercury fillings in
>a couple of my teeth and have considered having them removed.  My father has
>rheumatoid arthritis and they took his fillings out to see if it would help,
>but it didn't.

My dentist is  *very* alternative/holistic (he's a buddhist as well) and looked
very carefully into the concept of removing mercury fillings.

His conclusion was that it is not a good idea, that it is best to leave fully
intact fillings in.

This is solely based on an evaluation of the sum total mercury exposure from
removal versus that when the fillings stay.

PS  Both skin problems and arthritis problems respond well to Omega-3 fatty
acids, such as in fish oil capsules.

--
Cheers,

Ken                         <*>