From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jun 2009 10:29:14 +0100
Precisely. Agriculture has done a huge amount of damage to local wildlife. As a kid, I used to travel from London to Birmingham by plane and was horrified by the vast monoculture of hedge-free empty fields(after harvest), realising that little if any animal life lived there, due to pesticide-residues etc.By contrast, many hunters, such as those in royal families in past centuries, would routinely set aside special forests so that wild animals could thrive and repopulate the area after each hunting season.

Geoff

> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 16:37:25 -0400
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: Nutrition Action and other things
> To: [log in to unmask]
>

> >> Another issue I find a bit hard to get around is the whole idea of
> >> killing. ...  At least when you're eating a tofu-burger there wasno
> >> violence involved in its production
> You must not know about the millions of small animals killed when crops
> are reaped.  The fields are their home.

Get the best of MSN on your mobile
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/147991039/direct/01/