From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2002 09:15:34 -0400
Katrina;

>Really?  You didn't agree with the definition of a word I used, and that
>doesn't indicate to you that words only mean what we think they
>mean?

No, they mean what they were taught to us to mean and which are accepted and
used by the general community around us (which is reflected in the
dictionary). It's a rather vital element of our social interaction - that we
understand each other.

Actually, it wasn't even my definition, it came from
>http://www.askoxford.com.  My definition of religion would have been much
>different.

Calling the paleo diet/lifestyle a religion is not really a serious
statement. When you do, you are really saying is that it is LIKE a religion.

Marilyn