From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:41:11 -0700
At 11:52 6/19/03, Philip Thrift wrote:
>On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:14:32 -0400, Kathryn Rosenthal
><[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>I try to feed my dog a raw diet as much as possible, ...
>
>Why?
>
>   http://secondchanceranch.org/rawmeat.html
>
>On a paleo point, it would seem to me that domesticated dogs,
>which came into existence by early humans as essential hunting
>companions, whould have been rewarded with the cooked foods
>of their masters.

Forget this source. We waste a lot of time undoing her scare tactics. She
sells kibble; does that give you a clue? Dogs are opportunistic carnivores,
which means they are as capable of being deluded as are humans about what
is best. Dogs and humans are the only species who have been presented with
such an array of choices which are not good food. What an abuse of our
instincts!

That said, a bit of cooked is no worse for dogs than it is for us, and that
is to say a lot, as we have been doing here recently.

ginny and Tomo, in it together

All stunts performed without a net!