Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:41:24 -0700
At 06:53 PM 6/2/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 11:37 PM 6/2/97 +0100, Dave Jackson wrote:
>>Do we have any evidence as to average life expectancy in the Paleolithic?
>>
>>It's going to be a real downer if I'm told that those boys/girls were all
>>signing off at 40 whether or not it was due to their high protein/fat & low
>>carb diet!
>
>They may have died at 40, but they had to actually hunt for their protein.
>I'm assuming that it was a more dangerous proposition in their environment
>than hitting the local supermarket!!  :-)
>
>So, I guess the question would be whether or not they keeled off with
>healthy arteries!
>
>P.S.  I'm not totally neanderthal, but am feeling good on a 30/40/30
>(protein/ carb/fat) diet and am losing weight at a pleasant rate without the
>shakes and nervousness!
>
>P.S.S.  Hi, Todd.  I finally joined PaleoFood.  (Like Todd, we have an
>autistic child who is doing very well off grains!!)
>

>Tammy G.
>
>"A parent's love perceives no limitations."

Dear Tammy and Todd,

I  have an autistic son who is gluten free. I saw enormous improvement from
going gluten and dairy free.

My question is, when you say, your child is doing well off of grains, do you
mean off wheat gluten, or do you mean off all carbos including brown rice,
for example?

My son craves carbos, he eats meat and fish only under a watchful eye. I
make him take one bite meat, one bite potato, one bite fresh broccoli, and
so forth.

Do you think that if somehow (I don't know how) I got him off all carbos for
a while, that he would improve even more?

One reason I am suspicious about carbos is that he craves them SOOOO much.

That is how he used to crave wheat and milk, he used to love ONLY things
like mac and cheese, which is wheat and dairy to the max.

So I am wondering if I would see yet more improvement if I was able to get
him off carbs.

I must say that he does love ground turkey, and ground beef

 However, on his allergy testing six months ago he tested allergic to beef!
So I am giving him ground turkey, tuna gluten free, orange roughy (fish),
salmon, occasionally some ham. He LOVES gluten free ham, do you think he
could have that occasionally?

 Also, one of my friends said ALL pork is bad, even fresh pork. What does
the list think?  My son  loves ground pork.

Thanks for your ideas!

Moira

He also likes tofu, will eat it very willingly. I use it as a protein also.