From:
Eva Hedin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:21:52 +0100
> Does anyone know if coconut oil and palm oil are the same health wise?  I
am
> refereing to non-hydroginated natural versions.
>
> David,
> Your answers are in here I'm betting.....   Oliva

I thought that at last I will find out what palm oil is but no! I did not.
To me palm is a tree - some of them have bananas and some coco nuts. Some
have nothing, I think. From what parts of the tree do you get the oil you
call palm oil?  We find it quite often in Swedish food, often under the name
of vegetable oil, which I am suspicious of in general. Many Swedes think
that vegetable oil is a mark of high quality and I cannot even make out what
palm oil is. Is it from the coco nut tree? Can anyone inform me and some
other arctic circle area inhabitants? Please!
Eva