Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2002 12:54:33 -0800
--- Michele Townsend <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Well, this method of birth control is not foolproof.

yes. My mother nursed all of her children for about
three years, my sister was doing the same until her
midwife told her that older children should be weaned
just before new ones are born. This is because the
milk changes as a child ages in order to provide for
different nutritional needs as the child gets older.
Apparently the mother's body reacts to something in
the child's saliva. If the mother is nursing a
two-year old at the same time as an infant, the milk
being produced by her body is likely to have a
composition geared towards the two year old, and then
the infant will suffer from not getting all of the
nutrients it needs.
I have not read about this or researched it anywhere,
this is just what I heard from my sister, who heard it
from her midwife.

-Lara

http://auctions.yahoo.com