From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 19:37:25 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

Ray wrote:

>  The best reference here is Mark Cohen and G.J. Armelagos' book "
> Paleopathology at the Origins of Agriculture".
>  In this work a series of papers detail the differences between paleolithic
> and neolithic human remains.

Thank you very much, I'll be looking for the book!  It's always an honor
to hear from the grand master himself!..I have your book sir, it's really
good,,,and I'll be ordering your new one too.

>  These differences are also discussed in the other two Cohen books I list
in
> my bibliography.

Time prohibits me from following up on every interesting biblio lead, but I'll
make every effort to get those too.

>  That some neolithic people did better than others (including some late
19th
> and early 20th century urban
>  dwellers) is of little consequense when seen in the broader view.
> Varriables such as contaigous diseases,
>  warfare, famine, working conditions and even natural castastrophies
further
> cloud data.  Even our historical
>  studies of hunter-gatherers have been colored by the influence of trade
> goods which preceeded the explorers by
>  hundreds (or even thousands) of years.
>
>  Domestic dogs have been eating the forbidden fruit for far more
generations
> than humans have.  They still do
>  better on a wolf diet than they do on even the most advanced formulas of
dog
> food made from grains and beans. I
>  think humans will do better if they stick to Primate foods.

I never argued that.  I said that from the beginning if anyone cares to go
back
and check.  But I am taking issue with the properties of *better*..My
questions
once again, maybe phrased a little better....

How old do we live?  How old *can* we live?
How healthy can we expect to be?
How old do we have to be to be considered a success at eating well?

Maybe someone can give me an age to shoot for that we all think is old enough
to have actually beat the monkey (no pun) on our backs, that's trying to kill
us,
by making us eat badly...pick an age..then check current cultures that reach
that age healthy..then perhaps immulate it if you can...This is a serious
question I am going to pose, I am *not* trying to be difficult here.  Do we
reaaaalllly have to go back 40,000 yrs to find a diet that will achieve the
above?

Thank you all,
Anna L. Abrante