From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:59:15 -0700
> It's mid-summer now and I've been eating these tomatoes for 10 days.

Keith, is your climate such that you could plant the tomato seeds directly
in the ground? Or did you start yours indoors?

And, from what you know/have seen of these tomatoes, *can* they be started
indoors and then transplanted into the garden? (Some wild plants do not
like to be transplanted). I ask because in my climate it's best to start
"regular" tomatoes about 4-6 weeks early. I might have to do the same with
these if I want any before the fall frost hits.

> These, in contrast, send out branches in all
> directions, not just the usual laterals, but quick-growing branches
> which sprout out from all places

Do you think they would do better in tomato cages? Or, perhaps a "trellis"
type of set-up?

> Oh, yes, the taste.  They are pretty much like other tomatoes,
> though I reckon the skins are a little thicker and the taste a bit more
tangy.

Sounds like they taste a bit more "wild". As should be expected.

Wally