From:
Eric Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 20:01:03 -0700
It's going to take some convincing for me to see
Omega-6's as "nasty". As for the metabolic poisons
known as trans fats, aka partially hydrogenated
anything, the science bears that out. (And for which
many of our major food producers should be shot at
sunrise, right next to tobacco executives.)

But what, pray tell, is the basis for denigrating
the metabolically active Omega-6, when Omega-3's are
*so* active that in anything except exceedingly
small doses they shortcircuit some otherwise needed
processes.

My major information sources on this subject are the
books by Udo Erasmas, Robert Erdmann, and a few other
books on the subject. What is the latest news purported
to be?