From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:22:46 +0000
>My osteo-arthritis has never been this bad....
>I would appreciate any advice.  I have been told all kinds of things by
>well-meaning friends but don't know what to believe any more.  One person
>told me to give up tomatoes.  I haven't tried that yet because it doesn't
>make any sense to me, but I am getting desperate.  And the constant pain is
>getting to me.  I'm having trouble continuing to be the happy-go-lucky
>person I always was.
>
>Dena

Hi, Dena: Yes, I'd have to say that giving up nightshade veggies -
tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants, peppers, et al, would be at the top of my
list. I'd also advise fish body oil for the Omega 3's, which have a
wonderful effect on cartilage inflammation. Chondroitin sulfate,
glucosamine, and MSM have a good anecdotal history, and you can't OD on
them. My personal regime also includes Alpha Lipoic Acid, CoQ10, and lots
of Vit C and bioflavonoids.

Do you have a history of intestinal yeasts? These can hide out in joints, too.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!