From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 14:07:42 +0900
As you can see, you have fallen into one of the gray areas. Milk has
been a big topic here recently, with opinions all over the board.
Personally I am not as anti-milk as some on this list. Milk obviously
makes babies bones grow, so it seems it does not always leach calcium
from the bones. Milk drinking peoples also seem to be much larger and
stronger boned than non milk drinkers, compare the Chinese with the
Japanese, for example.

The Japanese eat lots of boney fish and greens, which are supposed to
be high in calcium (they chew the bones) but osteo is very prevelent
among older women. Completely bent over, broken-backed grandmothers
are a common sight. Young japanese, who now drink milk regularly, are
much larger boned than their parents. Milk may not however be the only
cause. Higher calorie intake in childhood is a big factor in growth.

This is still an open question. I say go with the yogurt and cheese as
they are low in sugar compared to milk. Go for a walk every day in the
sun, get exercise and vitamin D at the same time. Eat your greens and
other paleo calcium sources.