From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:08:51 -0400
From: Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]>

> On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:40:31 EDT, Susan Wolf Sternberg
> wrote:
>
> > What
> >would the benefits be of doing strictly without dairy for someone like me
who
> >has no problem digesting it?

Ken's response:

> If you have no noticeable ill effects from it, and on your current diet,
your
> health is better - which in both cases is what you have stated, then there
is
> no benefit, and in fact, it would be a disadvantage to give it up,

Ken, FYI, dairy - i.e. milk - serves one purpose:  to get baby animals to
grow.  There are hormones in the milk which help the baby cows (or whatever
mammal) grow into big cows.

When humans consume milk products from cows, the milk enables our cells to
divide faster.  In other words, if you have any cancer in your body - and
most people do - the dairy product will allow it to grow.  Your immune
system may well keep the growing cancer in check, but it's quite a risk to
take.

The countries which have the highest rates of hormonal cancers are also the
countries which have the most homoginized milk product consumption.  The
U.S. is among them.

Kath