Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2001 07:04:08 -0700
At 02:10 AM 01/03/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Does any one know if slow cooking a chicken a low temp is better than shorter
>cooking at higher temps.
>What temp does the normal crockpot cook at?
>Thanx

>Gawen Harrison

This isn't quite what you want to know, but I get big, heavy organic turkey
thighs (usually the size of my two woman-sized fists held together). The best
way I've found to prepare them (after being unhappy with stirfrying and plain
boiling) is put one in my crock pot, add filtered water to cover--or, better,
broth (I have a lot of organic chicken broth frozen that I use for this),
cover, and start it all off on "low" about 6 a.m.  By the time I come home
(around 4 p.m.), it's ready (as in "it falls off the bone and is tender"). Of
course, other things, like onions and broccoli, can be added to the mix.

Debby