From:
Ingrid Bauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:52:38 -0800
--
>think I can't beat just about anyone on any of the List for the Oldest
>Chicken eaten: How about just about 6 Week!!! - Really!!! :-)!!! And
>Boy!!! Was It Getting Ripe!!!  I usually like it and it's almost the
>same to me if it's about 2 weeks old and after that it's starts to get
>that "High" Gamey Smell.
 i am almost there ,i have a chicken right now in the fridge that is 4 weeks
old and seems still very much edible. The beef that is left in my fridge is
certainly close to 2 months and the deer 3 months.
If bacterias were as dangerous as commonly depicted , we will have noticed
by then . I am eating raw aged meats for years and seems to survive the
situation pretty well.

>Also, I used to eat a lot of Chicken, mostly Thighs because I like the
>Dark Meat Better, the White Meat has nowhere near the Flavor and
>Nutritional Quality either and my Body doesn't even want Raw Chicken
>Breasts when given the Choice;

I aggree with the breasts ,quite tasteless the dark red meat is best  and
come closer to wild birds meats. I ate a while ago a pigeon found dead on
the road, that was so delicious that i almost ate all the bones with it they
were surprisingly very easy to chew . i didn't ate chickens for years
because not having the right source available , lately i got 6 in a row when
my friend quitted her organic eggs operation. And it is certainly the least
appealing birds that i tried. Ducks are better, ( their eggs too), ostrich
was excellent, pheasant , quails are way more interesting, robin are good
too but not that much to eat. When i will be ready to start to raises birds
, chicken will certainly be the last choice.
jean-claude