From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 18:43:21 -0400
On Fri, 4 Sep 1998 15:28:56 -0500, Eti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On 4 Sep 98,, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

>> Well if this all is actually the case, then an increased B1-supply
>> should help loose weight.
>>
>> My suggested paleodiet conclusion:
>> Without grains...
>> I'd suggest 100g of sunflower-seeds per day as a replacement for
>> 50 gram fat and 120g meat per day.
>> Well chewed :-)
>> Makes 2mg additional B1 if the seed is fresh - a normal daily intake.
>> Other good sources were brazils (half as good) or o rdinary pig meat
>> (almost like brazils) if you're not allergic on it.
>>

>What about taking an over-the-counter multi-vitamin/mineral
>supplement (100% r.d.a. of B1) or is that considered anathema? *g*
>Regards,
>Eti
I think, it should work, theoreticaly, if your only goal is the weight loss,
and not a more paleolithic food composition, which would result then.

Though, it might be, that some accompanying substances of the natural
B1 sources will be missing then.

B1 has to be taken really daily to work ( no pauses ), because it leaves
the body quickly.
Any pauses in supplementation could actually generate a lack, because
the body would at first get used to a high supply, and needs some time
to get accustomed to lower supplies again.
For this reason I would also rather take b1 alone, instead of a multivitamin,
for an experiment.

I personally wouldn't want to take pills for my lifetime.

I would like to add that my personal experience with supplenentation is
not very positive. When i took it, i felt no effect, no change.
But when i stopped it (I think  because of the effect described above)
I sometimes got a flu.
Better choose the rhight food.

regards
Amadeus