From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 09:48:36 -0500
For all you female paleo exercisers out there, I have been noticing some
excellent results in the toning of my legs from incorporating sprints into
my workout.  If any of you have just been jogging or walking and haven't
seen much difference in the tone of your legs (ie less jiggle), I suggest
you incorporate some sprints into your workout.    I do not lift any
weights per se anymore, but do some pure body weight exercises (jumping,
jump-rope, push-ups, calisthenics).  I've heard all the arguments about how
great lifting weights is, but for myself, a short 5'2" female, lifting
weights does make me look bigger, chunkier and henc shorter shorter.  My
new workout routing (used for the past 7 months) has given me a much
sleeker look.  Women may not "bulk up" like men (unless they are prof.
bodybuilders), but some women do indeed gain enough bulk to give them an
unappealing aesthetic result.  This is why female ballet dancer shun
traditional gym weight machines because they do not want "bulk".  I have
heard this repeatedly from several dancers I know from the NYC Ballet.
However, these women are still are able to build extraordinarily strong
mucles from jumping, etc.  The only other weight "machines" they would use
would be pilates and gyrotonics.