From:
"Cooley, Brad" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 2009 09:47:24 -0400
On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:41:01 +0100, Geoffrey Purcell
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Gout is commonly linked to the consumption of (cooked) meat by numerous
studies such as this one:-

>http://arthritis.about.com/cs/gout/a/foodstoavoid.htm

This study does not differentiate between cooked and raw meet.  The link
they are making is between purine and gout.  Does raw meat have less purine
than cooked meat?

>One thing that I've noticed is that acquaintances of mine who live past a
certain age always tend to greatly limit their consumption of cooked meat and
go mostly vegetarian as they find that (cooked) meat greatly aggravates their
arthritis/gout and other conditions.Indeed, it is commonly suggested to go in
for raw plant foods to avoid gout.

If cooked meat is the problem, why don't they simply eat raw meat.  There is
no need to go vegetarian if cooke dmeat is the problem.

>Raw meat doesn't cause such  problems as it doesn't have those heat-
created toxins which aggravate conditions like arthritis etc. However, for
those unable to transition to raw, it is at the least, vital to only lightly cook
one's meats so as to avoid these particular issues or to add a higher
percentage of raw veg into the diet.

Are you aware of any scientific evidence that cooked meat aggravates
arthritis?  If so, please provide.

If not, please stop blaming cooked meat for any and all physical ailments.
Your unsubstantiated claims about cooked meat are annoying.