From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:04:36 -0500
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:14:40 EST, Maddy Mason <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Also, those taking 5-HTP might want to read the warning in the following
>article:

><A HREF="http://www.lef.org/magazine/hotlines3.html">Life Extension

Hi, I just read this article.
European or not- the problem seems to be, how to get the necessary TRP (or
5-HTP) *into* the brain. To rely on drugs to accomplish this (as described
in the article) seems inadequate and at least unpaleo for me.

There must be a natural solution.
If the commonly eaten proteins are too low in TRP (or too high in tyrosine,
phenylalanine, valine,leucine and isoleucine), then they are no natural
nutrition. Or it is natural to stay with the effects of a
low serotonin mood (low in feeling of well being, calm,
personal security, relaxation, confidence and concentration).

Interesting that low serotonin can also lead to compulsative eating,
particularly of high carb food items (pizza...).

I think either there's a way to stay with less competing amino acids in the
blood - maybe with pauses long enough to clear the blood,with a TRP source

or the usual proteins of agriculture (including beef and wheat) need
supplementation of TRP.

Cheers

Amadeus S