From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 11:30:52 -0400
> Anyways, I was reading and it seems some people react badly to Omega3s and
> actually get more depressed from it and I'm wondering how to find out if

Peter,  I suppose this could be true. But I would look at the simplest
solution. I don't think that flaxseed capsules are *ever* a good idea. Bit
into one or cut it open and taste. Chances are excellent that it will taste
bitter.

Flaxseed oil is so fragile that unless you are really sure of it, it is
better to consume some fresh organic flaxseeds that you grind yourself. The
flaxseeds preserve the oil.

I use Barlean's which is fresh, dated and transported and stored
refrigerated (supposedly), yet I *often* get a bad batch of oil. I throw it
away. But with the capsules you can't tell how rancid they are.

--Richard