From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 18:09:27 -0700
>>Hi Dori,
>>
>>Can you explain how *increasing* your carbs is supposed to help your diet?
>
>Sigh.  I sincerely hope this isn't a veiled "what the hell do you think
>you're doing?!" message.  If it isn't, pardon my last statement.

>I'm sorry, but I'm on the verge of regretting having said one damn thing
>about my dietary changes now.  To some, this is still too low in carbs; "do
>40-30-30."  Someone else would ream me for eating tomatoes and peppers from
>my own garden.  Another person would point out the chicken may have had
>hormones injected and the fish probably came from a farm.  Others would rip
>me a new corn chute if I admitted I lied about my steamed vegetables and
>actually put (Jesus, Allah, Buddah!) some butter on them.

>Dori Zook
>Denver, CO

You go, girl! I, too, think it's pretty obvious what are major offenders
and what are just nits. No-nos, in my book, would be starches, really
sugary fruits in large quantities, more than one or two cups of coffee or
black tea - anything that's going to zap your pancreas into a dangerous
excitement. And anything really poisonous, which means anything you
absolutely have to cook to get rid of toxins. DO New World. DO butter. DO
eat anything you want that's raw. And enjoy your food; a lot of us have
spent our lives being afraid of our food. That's over now. And don't get
into a rut. That's over, too. Cheers,

ginny and Tomo

All stunts performed without a net!