From:
Cheyenne Loon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 16:50:26 -0500
judy wrote
> Where did you get the unrefined?  I found some in a Chinese Grocery
> Store. It comes in a plastic container, and is from Africa.
> The taste is really strong, more of an aftertaste that is slightly
> nauseating...

You might want to try a Brazilian grocery, if you have one in town.
They call it 'dende', and my brazilian friends tell me that, while it's
a popular ingredient (along with coconut milk) in dishes from the Bahia
region, it's very heavy and you're liable to get sick on it if you're
not used to eating it.

Cheyenne

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca