From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:38:54 -0600
Ken Stuart, who loves ya, baby?  We all (probably) recall that you think my
Master Plan to finally lose some more weight is just bad; not enough
protein.  Well, baby, I'm about to prove you wrong! ;)

Today, of course, is Day One of my bet with my bestest friend and her
body-building buddy.  For six weeks, I will do the following:

* 3-4 meals a day consisting of 2 oz. protein (almost always good ol' meat),
healty oils and veggies
* moderate exercise - never more than two visits per week at the gym lest
the exercise guru chalk any weight loss up to exercise

Other specifics on eating?

* poultry, seafood, eggs and maybe (with an emphasis on 'maybe') some nuts
and nut butters as protein sources
* no food after 7PM - I'll try to make this an absolute
* only olive, avacado, nut and other ultra-low saturated fat oils in order
to keep my insulin response at its prime
* only but no limit to low-carb, Paleo-correct veggies, none of which are
carb-packed with one exception; I love mah unyuns and won't give 'em up but
even they aren't carb-o-ramas - moderate, maybe

At the risk of looking chronically anal-retentive, I'm thinking of trying to
eat 2T oil at 3 meals and 1T with the fourth.  Here's the math...

* Total fat calories would be 840 but only IF you ate ALL that oil.  As we
all know, a little oil always remains in the saute pan or on your plate so
we're looking at more like 800 calories from fat.
* Protein calories would come to 120
* I won't count the vegetable calories (I mean, come ON!) but I can't
imagine this going over 180.  Hell, it probably wouldn't come close!

All totalled, this formula would come to approximatey 1,100 calories a day.
Not too high but not too low, either.  If I up the oil to 2T per meal, the
most I'd ingest is 1,200 calories a day.

I will go to the gym today, but only to step on that horrific contraption
known as (insert drum roll and echo effect) The Scaaaale!  I'll post a
weekly (or so) update to let ya know how it's goin'.

Dori Zook

P.S.  On an off-topic personal note, I feel very, very chummy with a lot of
you on this list.  Please send good vibes my way - I have an interview for a
much-needed new job this afternoon.  If you want the skinny, ask away, only
PRIVATELY!