From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 12:46:38 -0500
Dori's right on target -- I intended to send the message to her privately,
but inadvertently hit send before checking "to the original poster" box --
sorry for the confursion.

Thanks so much for the Rosedale insights Dori -- I really appreciate it.  I
can't wait for his book to be released.

When I said he's similar to Cordain, I should have clarified that I meant
only in terms of being pro-lean proteins and down on saturated fat. He
differs in that Cordain's plan still uses carbs for fuel while Rosedale's
essays stress using fat for fuel.   With only lean protein and non-starchy
veggies, it would seem that one would have to use LOTS of olive and
macadamia nuts  (virtually all other nuts contain moderate to large amount
of O
mega-6)to provide sufficient energy. My problem is that whenever I try
eating lean meats, my appetite soars.  And for some freaky reason,
monosaturated vegetable fats such as olive oil, macadamia nut oil and even
to some extent coconut oil which is virtually all saturated fat, just do
not provide the same satiety as saturated animal fat ie fatty lamb, butter,
heavy cream, etc.  Nothing blunts my appetite as well as saturated animal
fat.