From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 20:21:34 -0400
On Sun, 5 Aug 2001, matesz wrote:

> Benign dietary ketosis IS NOT the same as diabetic ketoacidosis.  The two
> are very different conditions.  Atkins talks about this in his books.  You
> should be able to find out more on line.  I don't have all the fine points
> to bring out here.  Todd Moody may have it at his finger tips!

As Dr. Feldman pointed out, diabetic ketoacidosis occurs in the
presence of elevated blood sugar.  There is also no insulin to
act as a feedback control in a diabetic.  A nondiabetic regulates
ketone levels (and hence acidity) in a manner similar to the way
blood sugar is regulated.

Signing off for vacation.  I'll see everybody in two weeks or so.
My French is okay, buy my German is pathetic.  I hope the
Austrians have a sense of humor.

Todd Moody