From:
Lurisia Dale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:02:48 -0800

> http://diabetes.about.com/library/mendosagi/nmendosagi.htm
>
>     Lynnet

Lynnet,

I found something disturbing in the above link, in the "What About Protein and
Fat?" section:

"Of much greater concern is how protein and fat affect blood glucose levels in
the long term," Jennie Brand-Miller of the University of Sydney writes me. "High
fat and high protein diets have the distinct potential to induce insulin
resistance, which would mean that any carbohydrate eaten would raise blood
glucose and insulin levels to greater heights on a day to day basis. However,
the type of fat may be important here. A recent study in Diabetologia showed
that moderately high MUFA [monounsaturated fatty acids] diets improved insulin
sensitivity, if the fat was less than a certain level (higher than 37% was
associated with insulin resistance)."

I'm guessing you do not agree with the above.  I was curious what your thoughts
were, and if you have any counter-references.  Knowing what I know about paleo,
it certainly does not ring true to me either...