From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 13:47:39 -0600
> "Favorable" in what way?

Concrete benefits off the top of my head are weight loss, mood improvement,
increased ability to concentrate, greater bodily and mental endurance.
Less concrete, but still very real to me, has been what I call food
thankfulness.  It's a very powerful awareness that I could survive
painlessly for a pretty long time without food.  The first time I became
aware of this was when I was a few days into a fast and overhead some of my
coworkers complaining that they might not make it through the day since
they'd missed breakfast.  I hadn't eaten since Tuesday and they were
complaining about missing breakfast!

(A little background on hunger if you haven't fasted before.  Hunger can be
intense for the first, say, 48 hours.  But after that, it all but
disappears).

Oh, and let me say this about the weight loss.  It was nice, not because
I'm overweight, but because in the time span of one fast, it allowed me to
lose those last five pounds that seem to take at least a couple of years
for most paleo eaters to lose.

This is far from complete list of favorable results of fasting for me, but
I hope it helps answer your question.

Jim Swayze