From:
Tom Bridgeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:35:53 +0900
On Sunday, February 8, 2004, at 03:05  PM, Manuel Bello wrote:

> After a back injury I have not been able to exercise like that and have
> subsequently never seen that body again. I'm just under 200 pounds
> now. I
> feel much better about my body now and wonder if anyone out there has
> noticed a change in their bodies with a paleo (from deep to neo)diet.
> I am really looking forward to having a more natural body without
> trainning unnaturally

Just a note of encouragement. I injured my knee sports training over
twenty years ago, and while I could still jog a little, it always hurt
if I tried to do much. I noticed some improvement pretty quickly after
starting paleo, and about six months later the pain stopped quite
suddenly, and I have had no trouble with it in the 2.5 years since. It
was amazing to me, knee trouble runs in my family, and is hard to cure.
I don't know what kind of, or how serious your back injury was, but
with luck you will see some improvement. I was able to start training
again and compete in local races without trouble.

The two things I did were to eliminate grains, and keep fairly low
carbohydrates.