From:
"Anna L. Abrante" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 22:50:24 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/99 8:57:17 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  << We, for whatever reason, evolved to do this, we have that
>   advantage...somewhere,
>   somehow, our DNA felt the pressure to adapt to milk >>
>  The DNA feels no pressure to adapt. The mutatuions are all random. When, by
>  chance, a favorable change  occurs the bearer of that change is at an
>  advantage of some type. The more favorable genetic material is then passed
>  along, with all the rest, to the next generation.
>

>  ----
Thank you S.B. for the clarification...due to a ramdom mutation then, my DNA
expericenced a favorable change.  I am lactose tolerant in a lactose producing
world..as obviously were my predecessors....

So if there was no pressure to adapt to milk, why would we? You are saying
it was an accident that lactase production stayed longer than usual???  A
flook...im actually a deformity and error in nature.....gee....I'm a freak
that can
drink milk.....I look forward to growing the tolerance to eat Haagan-Dazs
without getting fat,,,,any chance of that???????    8-)

Anna