From:
Theola Walden Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:30:15 -0800
From: "Paul Sand"
> And I don't do it to be rewarded with better health or whotever (I don't
> believe that diet is that important)

Not that anyone on this list would ever overreact to a post, but I'm falling
over in shock (that's better than falling over dead, eh?) at the paleo
blasphemy.  <g>   Honestly, for me--and in my opinion, for everybody whether
they know it or not--diet is the ONLY important thing.  It is *the*
foundation of health.  Of course we know/hear of exceptions who live
exceeedingly long and (maybe) "healthy" lives on SAD, but they are just
that--exceptions, not the rule.  Paleo means I don't have to hop on the
mid-life medication merry-go-round.  Most people who get on it don't ever
get off; over time they just have to keep adding one medication after
another to counteract the detrimental effects of the previous meds.  I
prefer to direct my own life instead of having doctors and the
pharmaceutical industries do it for me.  Paleo is a better life than I've
ever known before.

Theola