From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 2002 16:45:20 -0500
On Fri, 3 May 2002 11:16:33 -0400, Marianne Fuller
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>Belive me, American grain producers are selling as many grain products as
>>they can and constantly inventing new ways to market their products to
>>humans.  They even profit from aid programs that foster dependency on them
>>and the totalitarian regimes that depend on them ) at the expense of
native
>>food producers ( often prolonging famines while proping-up American grain
>>prices ).
>
>With all due respect, I hope there won't be anti-American diatribe on this
>mailing list. I've had about all of that I can take

Maybe just watch Fox News Channel :-)

But it is a fact these (non-paleo crops) are the ones that get
almost all the government subsidies.

"The ratio of subsidies to value is highest in the states that grow
primarily program crops* and that have relatively small livestock
sectors."

* tobacco, barley, corn, wheat, cotton,
oats, rice, and grain sorghum

The Concentration of U.S. Agricultural Subsidies
http://www.card.iastate.edu/iowa_ag_review/fall_01/concentration.html

Philip Thrift
http://www.geocities.com/PaleoFitness