From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 13:16:46 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< > I hope the aborigine knowledge of diet and health is being maintained. I
 > suspect it isn't but what can you do??

 I believe much of the knowledge has been written down by white's with the
white's (mis) interpretation of the original Aboriginal ideas...

You may find that there is more information than you think.. check
ethnographic resources at your library or university. We have a tremendous
amount of info on eating and hunting techniques of native americans, so I
would expect the same on australian aboriginies... it can be a lot of work to
unearth it. Some of the best studies were done 100 years ago, and while they
may be flawed, they can yield useful knowledge if properly interpreted.
Incidentally,  I've just read "The Songlines" by Bruce Chatwin, which has a
lot on aboriginal mythology.

Charles
San Diego, CA