From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:18:29 -0700
Dave Fobare wrote:

> If anyone has tips for surviving a real fast(just one day), I'd love to
> hear 'em.

It's really not that hard.  Drink lots of water.  NO Juice (that could
get your insulin up and blood sugar down).  Teas are okay.
Expect to be a little cranky.  For several years I was fasting one
day per month.  Don't plan it for a high-stress day.  By the end of
the day I would feel a bit wired.  The strongest of these effects
was the day I fasted and also donated blood.  That evening I
couldn't rest until I had stripped and rewaxed the kitchen floor!
(the kitchen floor died of the shock, I can tell you :-).

Plan for something to do at mealtimes that gets you out of the
sight and smell of food; excuse yourself from the dining table,
take a walk, watch an engrossing movie, meditate,
sit in the hot tub.

    Lynnet