From:
Kathy Foley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:54:44 -0400
But do women on natural diets have morning sickness? (I don't know the
answer)

One theory proposes that morning sickness is caused by a drop in blood
sugar, hence the tendency to occur in the a.m. when our blood sugar is
low. Women are often relieved (temporarily) of morning sickness when
they eat dry, refined crackers and such - certainly not the healthiest
fare for the vulnerable fetus. Perhaps morning sickness occurs because
we create unnaturally high blood sugar elevations, then subsequent drops
on the modern diet.

Kathy